Server Intervention Training
The Office of the Dean of Students offers the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission ProServe on-line Training Program via special licence for registered student groups only. ProServe replaces the Server Intervention Program (SIPS), previously offered by Protective Services.
If you plan on serving liquor on or off campus under the University's liquor permit or using the University's name, you must attend you must hold a valid ProServe certificate.
The ProServe program is designed to:
- Help servers fulfill social responsibilities
- Help achieve a balance between creating a safe and enjoyable atmosphere and reducing liability.
- Promote the responsible sale of liquor service
- Provide the knowledge to identify signs of intoxication and the techniques to effectively refuse or discontinue service.
ProServe is a mandatory training program for persons serving or selling liquor at licenced events. The program is a training tool to help:
- Curb the problem of underage drinking
- Reduce alcohol over-consumption
- Reduce impaired driving, and
- Reduce the risk of violence
For more information about ProServe, contact:
Student Event Risk Management Coordinator
Office of the Dean of Students
Event Organizer Training (formerly Alcohol Awareness)
Event organizers planning on serving alcohol on or off campus under the University's liquor permit or using the University's name, must attend Event Organizer Training. For more information visit http://su.ualberta.ca/services/studentgroups/registration/training/