In Residence Halls
- Remember that residence halls are public places. Contact local Community Liasion Officer regarding the safety/security concerns.
- Keep doors locked even if you are going out for a few minutes.
- Report suspicious persons "who appear to be hanging around", immediately to UAPS at 780-492-5050.
In an Apartment or at Home
- Install and use locks on your doors and windows.
- Have your locks changed, re-keyed or add a new lock when you move into a new place.
- Keep doors locked day or night whether at home or not.
- Know who is at your door before opening it.
- If someone comes to your door and asks to use your phone to call for help, don't let them in, offer to make the call instead.
- Close blinds or shades at night.
- Know your neighbours and know which one you can trust in an emergency.